Critical Reflection

The initial goals I set for myself was to improve my writing skills and to be able to speak more confidently by the end of this module. I am proud to say that I managed to exceed my expectations with the help of Prof.Brad and school peers.

After knowing what is required for this module while looking through the module I was enrolled in before the tri start, I knew I had to step out of my comfort zone and try to take the initiative to speak in proper English instead of singlish. Thankfully, Professor Brad has been guiding us throughout. Throughout the course of this module, we were tasked to do in-class activity with different peers like paraphrasing an article and giving feedback to different peers. This is when my peers started to correct my sentence structure and grammar, I am glad that Prof. Brad would come to aid us whenever he saw mistakes. 


In the group project assignment, I did a lot of research which could help towards my group project, thus I felt that as I read professional articles online, it has exposed me to how a structure of a research article is and also greatly improved my knowledge on how to write in a professional manner. With these skills acquired, I hope that I could apply it to my future school project and my work as I am able to communicate with my co-worker confidently.   In addition to this project, we are also required to give an oral presentation to convince the audience towards our project ideas. I had no confidence in giving a presentation to my peers. However, I remember there was one tutorial session where I was chosen to do a pitch in front of the class and I was super nervous. After the pitch, I am glad that I managed to seize an opportunity to practice and gain valuable feedback from my peers to improve myself. Next, I am thankful for the help of other project groups and professors for helping me and allowing me to gain confidence. With much preparation and also feedback through peers and professors, I manage to gain confidence in articulating and presenting my project ideas. At this very moment, I really feel that preparation in advance is the key for me to be able to perform well in terms of my presentation skills and my future career.

Comments

  1. Thank you, XJ, for this clear, concise reflection and all your hard work during the term. I appreciate the honesty you have expressed in this post in terms of your uneasiness with some of the tasks, but I was happy to see you in class, embracing the challenges and leaving your comfort zone. You also asked good questions and showed a consistent willingness to express yourself with a clear positive attitude toward learning.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter of Self-Introduction

First summary draft: Where's My Supersuit

Technical Report First Draft